5th Workshop on Computation of Biochemical Pathways
and Genetic Networks
September 22-23, 2008
The Department of Modeling of Biological Processes
BIOQUANT/Institute of Zoology
University of Heidelberg, Germany
Tel: +49 6221 5451270
Tel: +49 6221 5451278
Computational approaches are an integral part of systems biology. They are
needed to support and complete the experimental investigation of the highly complex
biochemical network in the living cell. Among these computational
approaches, modeling, simulation and network analysis play a major role.
The workshop series "Workshops on Computation of Biochemical Pathways and Genetic Networks" focuses on the current
state of computational methodology in this research field at different
levels of abstraction.
- Model Merging
- Model Identification - sponsored by BIOMS
- Analysis of Stochastic Systems
- New Methods in Nonlinear Dynamics
- Yang Cao, Blacksburg, VA, USA
- Nagasuma Chandra, Bangalore, India
- Maciej Dobrzynski, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Markus Kirkilionis, Warwick, UK
- Wolfram Liebermeister, Berlin, Germany
- Ron Pinter, Haifa, Israel
- Simon Rosenfeld, Bethesda, MD, USA
- Sean Sedwards, Trento, Italy
- Ralf Steuer, Manchester, UK
- Masahiro Sugimoto, Keio, Japan
- Feng-Sheng Wang, Chia-Yi, Taiwan
- Dag Wedelin, Gothenburg, Sweden
The number of participants is strictly limited to 60. We are full and registration
is therefore closed.
Proceedings of the workshop with extensive summaries of all presentations will be available
during the conference.
For the program click here .
The workshop takes place at the BIOQUANT building on the science campus of the University of Heidelberg.
Please check here for a map. The
address is the following:
Im Neuenheimer Feld 267
The workshop will be sponsored by the EU Network of Excellence BioSim , the German Ministry of
Education and Research via the HepatoSys initiative and the Center for
Modelling and Simulation